RSP Student Guide
For a step-by-step guide on how to register for an account, how to purchase a course, and how to navigate a course, please click on the following link:
For helpful videos on how to navigate and effectively use the SPEC website, click here.
The RSP courses are split into three parts:
- RSP Part 1: Settlement Planning Seminar
- RSP Part 2: Law for Settlement Planners
- RSP Part 3: Financial Planning for Settlement Planners
Each “part” is split into five or six different “sections.” For example, if you purchase RSP Part 1, you will immediately have access to the six “sections” for RSP Part 1:
- RSP Part 1, Section 1: Introduction to Settlement Planning
- RSP Part 1, Section 2: Dissipation Risk and Factoring
- RSP Part 1, Section 3: Qualified Structures
- RSP Part 1, Section 4: QSFs, Non-Qualified Structures, and Other Options
- RSP Part 1, Section 5: Taxation of Damages and Ethics of Settlement Planning
- RSP Part 1, Section 6: How to Write a Settlement Plan
You will navigate through each section one-by-one. Successful completion of all the sections is required to complete each part of the RSP curriculum.
Each section has a similar structure. The screenshot below shows how each section is outlined. Each section contains presentations, articles (with associated reading quizzes), textbook readings, and other assignments. The “Presentations” and “Articles& Quizzes” portions of the course are divided into topics. You can see the title of the topics by clicking on “Expand All.” At the end of each section, there is a final exam. A score of at least 70% is required on the final exam in order for you to satisfy the RSP requirements.